It is only natural that you will want to lose it all as quickly as possible. However, you have to guard against setting yourself up for failure.
This happened to me too. On Saturday when I realized that it took me 2 years to gain 20kg. I was already overweight before gaining all that weight and saw this all as a huge mountain ahead (or is it behind?) me for years.
However, all the experts say that we should lose weight slowly in order to keep it off for longer.
Are your weight loss goals realistic?
And will you keep the weight off once you have lost it?
Answering this question honestly to yourself requires that you honest with yourself.
A weight loss goal is realistic if:
- The amount of weight you want to lose must be in proportion to your age, height and bone structure.
- It is GOOD for you: mind, body & soul. Harmful starvation diets and potions are not suitable for long term use.
- You can follow your eating regime / healthy lifestyle until you have lost all your weight.
- You must be able to do a maintenance regime afterwards in order to maintain your weight. (Going back to old patterns will cause you to gain the weight again.)
- You are prepared to take a reasonable amount of time to lose your weight.
Weight loss goal for people wanting to lose a lot of weight
Using the Increment Method along with your weight loss goal for the best results
Herbalife not a weight loss product, but rather nutrition that makes a body healthy & then lose weight.
Since the products provide all our nutritional needs, it is a healthy method to feed our bodies healthy without dieting and bring about weight gain in the process.
Perhaps this image will put your weight loss goals into perspective
Hundreds of readers subscribe to our newsletter and you can too. That way you will receive exclusive news, promotions and tips in your inbox once a week. Don't delay - sign up right now.