I don’t know about you, but I love fast food. Lizette shudders when I tell people that they can have their
hamburger cake and eat it with Herbalife. So I set out to prove that hamburgers are good for you, even when you’re trying to lose weight…
Be Smart – PLAN to cheat
The secret is to be smart about how you plan your “cheat” meals. I am not for one moment suggesting that you live on hamburgers and Herbalife to lose weight, as you won’t get enough nutrition that way. There is also a secret as to what you should consume on the day that you enjoy your hamburger and chips for dinner.
The burger is not the problem – it’s the calories
Homemade burgers can be even better than fast food burgers and it gives you more control over your calorie intake, which you can control by including smart ingredients.
- The meaty calories
Fish, chicken, turkey or vegetarian burgers are healthier than beef, however you can still have meat on your burger. Having a ground turkey burger will shave even more calories off of the meal. You will eat 6 grams less fat and 40 calories fewer. Grill your meat in the oven so that you don’t use oil when cooking.
Adding flavor – naturally
- light mayo in place of butter on your roll (preferably a wholewheat / low GI / gluten free roll)
- mix chopped garlic, chili and corriander and a dash of herbal or Himalayan salt and mustard powder into the mayo for added flavor and to avoid too much salt and other condiments
- lots of garnish – raw onions and tomatoes, plenty lettuce, basil (delicious, especially with a slice of white cheddar cheese and good for you, too!)
- Include tomato, onion, lettuce and any other vegetables that you enjoy on your burger.
- Use oven bake chips as these can be cooked without oil.
Budget for your Burger
On the day that you plan to eat a hamburger and chips, have a protein shake for breakfast and lunch. You can save many calories by having your shake with water remembering to froth it up and serve it with ice and ice cold water. Avoid snacking on anything that day so that you keep your calorie count as low as possible.
You can get away with doing this once a week provided that you follow the above tips. Remember to eat a balanced diet for the rest of the week and do not feel guilty about the hamburger. You have earned the right to enjoy it. The reality is that with Herbalife you can eat whatever you like, you just cannot eat the whole cow when having a hamburger.