Today we are talking about snacking, a problem which plagues many people who would like to lose weight.
While we don’t follow a particular meal plan, we have seen that many people feel a meal plan helps them to remain disciplined on a weight loss program. After all, a lack of discipline is what causes us to gain weight in the first place.
[Click here for tips on this and other common diet obstacles]
Snacking doesn’t have to be an unhealthy habit
It’s not unusual to get hungry between meals–particularly if you have a long stretch in between. Combat hunger by planning ahead to make sure you have some healthy foods available, and ideally, you should combine some protein with a little carbohydrate to fill you up and keep you going. A protein-enriched drink, a piece of fruit, or a small cup of yogurt with a few low fat crackers should do the trick.
Here are some snack ideas–that won’t blow your plan:
• Low fat latte made with semi-skimmed milk or soy milk
• Mini pita bread with a quarter of an avocado
• Two rice cakes with one wedge light cheese
• ½ cup low fat cottage cheese with ½ cup blueberries
• One individual pot of low fat yogurt with 1 tablespoon raisins
• One stick mozzarella cheese with one sesame breadstick
• ¾ cup tomato soup made with low fat milk (Try Herbalife’s chicken or tomato soups – they are delicious and rich in protein)
• Three hard-cooked egg whites mashed with a little Dijon mustard and a sliced tomato
• 15 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons low fat dressing
• 12 ounces tomato juice
• 10 soy crisps with a small peach
• 1 cup whole strawberries with 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
You may want to watch this video to find how you can get more food for less calorie expenditure.
I hope this helped you!