Diet Obstacle #1 – FOOD
Most people would agree that food is an obstacle. However, we must remember that food is there to nourish the body. Food is not an enemy, but rather a means to nourishment. We need it and if we can find nourishing food that is enjoyable, we will lose weight too.
Therefore, FOOD is not the enemy or obstacle, but rather our relationship with food.
If your body is nourished with the right nutrients, we will not be as hungry and we will not experience such cravings for the wrong foods.
Banish the Obstacle:
1. Watch this video
2. Find out the REAL reasons you are overweight despite trying to eat healthy.
3. Realize that weight management is a lifestyle and make 1 small change at a time to cultivate the discipline needed to lose weight. Start with a healthy breakfast in the morning.
Diet Obstacle #2 – The Cost of Healthy Food
This is a problem many people face in this economically challenging time. The amount of healthy food we need in order to provide us with the nutrition our bodies need, is astounding. The fact that our soil and fresh produce is devoid of most of the nutrition, is another bone of contention.
However, there are many things that you can do to lose weight while eating on a budget:
1. Include more fresh produce into your diet. You will get more nutrition than you would with frozen and processed foods and you will feel fuller for longer.
2. Eat plenty proteins from vegetable sources, such as beans and legumes. Also eat yogurts, eggs and lean meats.
3. Use fresh herbs, peppers, onions and garlic to enhance the flavor of your foods. These herbs and spices contain plenty anti-oxidants. Detoxification has been shown to curb the appetite as it gets rid of toxins to help improve the absorption of nutrients.
Just as a side note on this topic: After using Herbalife for 3 months, losing in excess of 10kgs, a client decided to try the “healthy diet” approach instead. She returned to us after 3 months as she merely maintained her weight after 3 months of spending a fortune on organic fruits and vegetables, including at least 2 meat-free days and getting to bed at midnight after spending all evening preparing dinner as well as breakfast and dinner for the next day. Therefore, it is important to also take amount the pay-off when considering the cost of your program of choice.
4. Drink more water – read this post on why you are so hungry all the time.
5. See how you can save money by eating 2 Herbalife Healthy meals a day.
Diet Obstacle # 3 – I can’t waste left-overs
We just loved the way this fan worded his response: ”Well, Wade anything that comes from the stove should not be wasted I found that we are wasting too much good food and have taken it on myself to sort that out and not waste so much.”
The reason we loved it so much, is because we did the same. However, we have tried 2 approaches that both work wonderfully.
Banish the obstacle
1. Cook smaller portions at a time. But what if you don’t cook enough to satisfy everyone? Well, the whole family will benefit from eating smaller meals. Eighty percent of people eat more than they need to at meals (We’re not talking about people who are starving. We are talking about people like you and me who have enough.)
2. Put leftovers in the freezer for another meal when you don’t feel like cooking. If you don’t like leftovers, put it in the fridge and give it to a beggar on the side of the road while driving to work the next day.
Diet Obstacle #4: Enjoying favorite foods too much
We all want to enjoy as much as we can of our favorite foods and that’s why we avoid them when we diet. This makes us want them even more and when we can no longer avoid temptation, we overdo it.
Banish the obstacle:
1. We have done several posts about losing weight still eating the foods you love
2. Here’s how you can banish cravings
Diet Obstacle #5 – Too Tired to Exercise
Let’s face it, we are too
lazy tired! I meant TIRED, to exercise too.
Banish the Obstacle:
Here are some ways to energize you to exercise -
1. Remember the REASON why you exercise. (Exercise is not enough to lose weight though. Diet plays an 80% role in weight loss.)
2. Read this post on exercise excuses
3. Read this post on how to exercise on the go
We hope these tips will help you banish the diet obstacles that you face.
Herbalife Healthy Breakfast is a low-calorie, high nutrition balanced meal. It is nutritionally fortified to provide all the nutrition you need to stay healthy, energized and satisfied for longer. Order your Healthy Meal today and feel the difference.